Do Veneers Damage Your Teeth?
The truth is that there are many ways to address crowded, misshapen, or uneven teeth, but one of the most popular solutions to invest in is veneers from Erickson Dental in Irving, Texas.
A study by the Dental Clinics of North America found that 80% of Americans aged 18-49 want brighter teeth and straighter smiles.
The popularity of veneers has increased by 20% since 2021, the study also revealed.
If you’ve ever wondered about veneers and their impact on your teeth, our team at Erickson Dental understands it can be distressing and is here to provide you with the compassionate, quality care you deserve.
Keep reading as we break down the facts about veneers and answer the question, ‘Do veneers damage your teeth?’
The veneer basics
Before we address the big question, let’s start with the basics. Veneers are ultra-thin, custom-made shells typically crafted from porcelain or composite resin. They are designed to cover the front surface of your teeth, masking imperfections and creating a picture-perfect smile.
Veneers can address issues like:
Veneers offer a fast and effective cosmetic solution.
Veneers and your natural teeth
Now, let’s tackle the question: Do veneers damage your teeth? The short answer is no; when done correctly and under the care of our skilled dentist, veneers should not damage your natural teeth.
Minimal tooth alteration
Before veneers are placed, a small amount of enamel is usually removed from the front of your teeth to make room for the veneers. This minimal and conservative process often involves less enamel removal than other dental procedures like crowns.
Veneers are custom-made to fit your teeth precisely. They are designed to enhance your smile while preserving the integrity of your natural teeth. Properly fitted veneers should not interfere with your bite or overall dental function.
Veneers are crafted from durable materials like porcelain, which are resistant to staining and can withstand everyday wear and tear. This means your veneers should maintain their appearance and function for years.
Regular dental checkups
Attend regular dental checkups to maintain the ongoing health of your veneers and natural teeth. Your dentist will monitor the condition of your veneers and address any issues promptly.
Before starting any procedure, Dr. Erickson takes the time to understand your ultimate goals.
Our team can create an ideal treatment plan using high-quality, innovative equipment such as:
- intra- and extra-oral photos
- digital X-rays
Our Irving cosmetic dentist works alongside our partner dental lab to produce first-class restorations, including veneers.
Potential side effects of dental veneers
While veneers themselves don’t damage teeth, there are some potential side effects and considerations to keep in mind:
- Sensitivity: Some individuals may experience temporary tooth sensitivity after getting veneers. This sensitivity usually subsides within a few days to weeks.
- Replacement: Veneers are durable, but they are not indestructible. Over time, they may need replacement caused by wear or damage. However, this straightforward procedure typically does not harm your natural teeth.
Benefits of dental veneers
Their popularity is a testament to the effectiveness of dental veneers. At Erickson Dental, we can erase smile flaws that allow your confidence to shine through.
The benefits of veneers include:
- Aesthetic excellence: Veneers instantly enhance your smile, concealing imperfections like stains, chips, and gaps.
- Cost-effective: Compared to extensive orthodontic work, veneers offer a more budget-friendly solution for achieving a stunning smile.
- Time efficiency: Veneers require fewer appointments and offer rapid results, making them a convenient choice for busy individuals.
- Long-lasting value: With proper care, veneers can maintain their appearance and function for many years, providing excellent value for your investment.
The verdict on veneers
When professionally applied and well-maintained, veneers should not damage your natural teeth.
Their well-deserved popularity is based on their aesthetic excellence, affordability, short turn-around time, and long-lasting value.
With few drawbacks, veneers are a safe and effective cosmetic option for improving your smile and dental health.
They can provide a transformative solution for achieving the smile of your dreams.
To explore veneers as an option for enhancing your smile, contact Erickson Dental in Irving, Texas, for a consultation today.
- Call us at: (972) 717-0077
- Email us at: email@example.com
Erickson Dental happily welcomes patients around Irving, Dallas, and Fort Worth, TX.